What is a head injury?
A head injury is a general term that covers a wide range of injuries to the scalp, skull, brain, and underlying tissue and blood vessels in the head. Depending on the severity of the head trauma, head injuries are sometimes known as brain damage or traumatic brain injury (TBI). Dr. Valsangkar provide the best Head Injury Treatment in Solapur with All modern facilities and sophisticated medical equipments are available with the objective of providing comprehensive healthcare in Neurology and Neurosurgery under one roof.
What are the different types of head injury?
Here are some examples of different sorts of head injuries?
- A concussion is an injury to the head area that may cause instant loss of awareness or alertness for a few minutes up to a few hours after the traumatic event.
- Skull fracture. A skull crack is a break in the skull bone. The following are the four most common types of skull fractures:
- Linear fractures of the skull. The most common sort of skull fracture is this one. A linear fracture is a break in the bone that does not cause the bone to move. These people may be admitted to the hospital for observation for a short period of time before returning to their normal activities.
- Fractures of the skull that are depressed. This form of fracture can appear with or without a scalp cut. Part of the skull has caved in due to the force in this fracture. Depending on the degree of the skull fracture, surgical intervention may be required to assist correct the deformity.
- between the bones in our heads that merge. The typical suture lines are expanded in this type of fracture. Newborns and older infants are more likely to have these fractures.
- Broken basilar skull. A break in the bone near the base of the skull causes the most dangerous type of skull fracture. Bruises around the eyes and behind the ear are common in patients with this type of fracture. A tear in portion of the brain’s covering may also cause clear fluid to flow from their nose or ears.
- Take several forms. The various varieties are classified according to where they are located in the brain. These injuries can range from minor concussions to more serious and perhaps fatal ones.
What causes a head injury?
Head wounds can happen for an assortment of reasons in the two kids and grown-ups. The most prevalent causes of traumatic injuries include motor vehicle accidents (cars, motorcycles, or being struck as a pedestrian), assault, falls, and child abuse. Subdural hematomas and intraparenchymalhaemorrhages (brain haemorrhages) can occur without warning.
How to do you treatment for head injury
Utilizing sterile cloth or a spotless towel, apply firm strain to the injury. In the event that you suspect a skull break, in any case, don’t matter direct strain to the injury. Watch out for your breathing and sharpness. Start CPR on the off chance that the individual shows no side effects of course, like no breathing, hacking, or development. At Valsangkar Hospital provide one of the best Head Injury Treatment in Solapur.